[fpc-pascal] Including binary data making easy

Rainer Stratmann RainerStratmann at t-online.de
Wed Aug 29 12:24:17 CEST 2012

Am Wednesday 29 August 2012 11:59:01 schrieb Mark Morgan Lloyd:
> > You are trying to make a very simple thing complicated.
> > I know bytes with values from 0 to 255. I do not see an illegal
> > character/byte there. If you read exactly I did not type $i but $ir which
> > I think is not reserved for another thing.
>
> Yes, I saw what you wrote. /You're/ the one trying to make life
> difficult, since you seem to think that it's going to be easier for the
> core developers to change the compiler (i.e. extend $i or possibly $r)
> than it is for you to learn how to use a makefile (or to do something
> equivalent with Lazarus's "Execute before" facility).

That's the point. For me I would accept some month working if it makes life
easier for the rest of my life. The reject of my suggestion is based on the
work that comes with it. And not because the other solution with an
additional tool (means more work) is better/simpler.

One time longer work against less, but every time work/attention to handle the
tools the right way and to collect all the tools and so on...

I really hope that I am not the only one who will benefit from the suggestions
I make here.