[fpc-pascal] Re: [Lazarus] Any FPC/Lazarus success stories on Nokia N9?

Paul Breneman list2010 at BrenemanLabs.com
Sat Aug 25 15:58:51 CEST 2012

zeljko wrote:
> On Saturday 25 of August 2012 14:30:12 Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> Hi FPC & Lazarus lists (crossposted),
>>
>> Just wondering if anybody has compiled FPC, Lazarus, or fpgui
>> applications on Nokia's N9 smartphone.
>
> I've successfully built bindings and qtlcl apps for n9 (I guess that Joost
> also was succesfull). It works, but normal qtlcl app cannot change orientation
> so it's always horizontal.
> If you want to create really fancy n9 apps you need QtCreator (Nokia SDK).
> Besides that, N9 is normal linux machine (eg. X11) with arm processor (no need
> for QTOPIA defines in bindings like N900 needs).
> P.S: There's guy on #lazarus-ide irc channel nick = trx.
> He created complete api to work with nokia ui's,so you can create same app
> like with QtCreator (under Lazarus) .... ask him for more details.
>
> zeljko

You might find stuff that works on the N9 as part of this project:
   http://www.turbocontrol.com/monitor.htm

It should be easy to try the ARM Linux 1.1 MB zip to directly compile on
the N9:
   http://www.turbocontrol.com/helloworld.htm

If that works then try a 3.2 MB zip to compile a GUI program using fpGUI:
   http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm