[fpc-pascal] Searching for files all over the disk

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Aug 21 01:10:33 CEST 2012

On 20/08/2012 23:55, Juha Manninen wrote:
> About scanning "only paths specified by the user", do you really mean
> the user should search for pascal sources in a to-be-converted Delphi
> project directories, then type the directory names into a config file
> and then feed that file to the converter's GUI?
> IMO that is a job for the converter because its whole purpose is to
> automate the task. You can still do it manually if you like of course.

But it could ask about certain assumptions. Like "Should I scan the
parent dir", No, yes this time, yes always

Checking the root path may not be good enough. On linux you have
symbolic links. On Win you have NTFS mount-points: Any partition can
have zero or more drive letters, and zero or more mount points. That
means that C:\ may also be found under N:\Projects\DriveC\. And then
Projects could be in N:\Projects. Searching N:\Projects would obviously
be to much again.

So it is very hard to tell how data is organized. Further, I have not
tested, but it may well be possible to create circular mounts....