[fpc-pascal] Resourcestring and multi-line text

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Aug 18 00:02:17 CEST 2012

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Mark Morgan Lloyd said:
>> When putting text into a resourcestring, for example for i18n, what is
>> best practice for multiline blocks?
>>
>> I'm thinking of, for example, explanatory text that goes on a page in a
>> wizard-style set of dialogues, or a description that appears in a pane
>> when a tree node is clicked.
>
> Afaik dxgettext and its editor support this. IIRC they use \n though.

Thanks Marco, noted: I don't consider \n to be a dirty word, and have a
modified Format() that understands it. My SNMP to Pascal translator
inserts LineEnding in constant definitions which works OK, so presumably
this would also work with resourcestrings.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk