OT: Re: [fpc-pascal] Malformed email messages

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Thu Aug 16 17:35:07 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 03:20:15PM +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> microcode at zoho.com wrote:
>
> >>I note that the headers you quote include a few X- headers that I
> >>don't see here:

> >Well spotted. I don't know if zoho is using that or not. I usually turn off
> >any AV if there is an option, I'll check again.
>
> I wasn't necessarily saying that they were added en route to you,
> only that I think our code is dropping at least some. As a specific
> example, that X-Mailman-Version header must be originating at the
> list end.

Yes, agreed.

I should have been more specific. It looks to me there is a problem with my
mail provider I use for this and other lists, but I only realized what it is
after reading your post. The line break in inserted after their AV message.
I don't know whether their AV is tripping over ClamAV or if it's some other
error but it does seem to be in their AV code.

Since then I also received a mangled post from Ludo. So it's happening somewhat
frequently and *seems* to be related to this list but may also be caused by
something at zoho. I reported the issue to them after your email since I
have no option to turn off their virus scanning on my account with them.

> Anybody: does any computer close to the list server use ClamAV?

Good question. Thanks again, Mark.

--