[fpc-pascal] making FPC more code optimized

ik idokan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 11:40:19 CEST 2012

Hello,

Here is something that I'm asking without really know anything about
the subject, so please bear with me.

I'ved asked few places that works with Pascal (Delphi and FPC), why
does they use C as the infrastructure, and they all say that there is
not even one Pascal compiler that makes the code optimized and fast
running with low resources, while many C compilers does have such
features.
For them it's not the language, but the compilers that are problematic.

I'm not talking about "killer feature" that never exists, but what
stops FPC and/or other Pascal compilers to be more optimized, with
lower footprint, and faster code like with C compilers for example ?
Is there anything that can be done to make them "there" as well ?

Thank,
Ido