[fpc-pascal] Errors compiling fixes_2.6 on win64: forgot to include dblib for mssqlconn?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 11:13:13 CEST 2012

On 23-4-2012 10:48, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Reinier Olislagers said:
> It is hard because 2.6.x uses a different makefile system compared to trunk,
> which is harder to tune for specific OSes.
Arrrgh.

> I think dblib is compiled even, but the packages/Makefile.fpc dependencies
> of fcl-db are complex, and win64 is a special case for some reason (and I
> have to find out why.

> I added dblib only to the first group.
>
> possible solutions:
> 1. add dblib also to second group
>    con: also enabled it for the others in that group.
dblib uses FreeTDS which should be available/compile for at least OSX
and Solaris.
Win CE, iphonesim: never heard of it working there, but I'm not a
FreeTDS guru.
Worst case would be that that dblib fails to compile, blowing up the
build again; another risk may be that there actually isn't a FreeTDS
library port for that platform.

Lacak2 and Ludo Brands quite probably have a better idea whether the
first problem may occur; I'd say the other problem is not that big of a
deal ;)

> 2. move win64 to first group.
>    con: does pxlib run on win64?
Perhaps the easiest way... if one can accept a Paradox connector without
the required library being available...
> 3. refactor everything.

> In 2.6.x only two packages are fpmake built (as test case, one of them being
> fcl-web).  Migration of the rest has stalled since fpmake is still not
> trouble free in trunk.
>
> So merging anything that touches makefiles and dependencies requires manual
> work when merging from 2.7.x to 2.6.x
Ok.