[fpc-pascal] Commercial support for Lazarus/FPC

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Apr 21 17:52:00 CEST 2012

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 17:31:47 +0200
Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 21.04.2012 12:12, denisgolovan wrote:
>[...]
> > I am considering to subscribe to commercial support in FPC/Lazarus, but I don't have a clear picture what actually support is :)
> > I am looking at http://www.lazarussupport.com/lazarus/Support and it is somewhat too abstract.
>[...]
> You do know that bug fixes are often backported if possible/feasible?
> E.g. currently we have the release 2.6.0, trunk is at 2.7.1 and there is
> the fixes branch 2.6.1 which is based on 2.6.0, but contains fixes (and
> often features) that were merged from trunk and will be in 2.6.2 then.
> The fixes branches are usually more stable than trunk (though trunk of
> at least FPC is usually rather stable as well).

Same for Lazarus, although the numbering is different.
There is always a svn branch "fixes", while the svn "trunk" is the
development version. The fixes receives only bug fixes.
The release was 0.9.30. The development version was 0.9.31. Then came
several minor releases 0.9.30.2,3,4,5 with fixes.
Next version is 1.0 (fixes branch), development has version 1.1 (trunk).

Mattias