[fpc-pascal] Re: RE : RE : Re:SQLDBGetSchemaInfoSQLforindexesetc?

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Thu Apr 19 20:42:11 CEST 2012

> > Exactly because indexes and foreign keys have also an owner schema
> > (CONSTRAINT_SCHEMA), I overlooked datadictionary.
>
> I am not familiar with these terms, so I totally fail to understand
> the first part of your sentence...
>
> Is there somewhere a reference about 'schema' data ?

Sorry. I have been working on ODBC drivers for a long time and the
terminology sticks.

Basically, every database object (with some exceptions) belongs to a schema.
So TDDIndexDef and TDDForeignKeyDef should reference an owner. Since
datadictionary isn't a property for these classes, it didn't jump out as an
equivalent for 'schema'.

Some reference docs.
DB2 (db2 cli is the origin of odbc):
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dzichelp/v2r2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fco
m.ibm.db2z10.doc.intro%2Fsrc%2Ftpc%2Fdb2z_schemaqualifiers.htm
Mssql: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms365789.aspx
Oracle: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/schema.htm
SQL92 standard:  http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~shadow/sql/sql1992.txt
4.11 SQL-schemas