[fpc-pascal] Re: RE : RE : Re: SQLDB GetSchemaInfoSQL forindexesetc?

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Apr 19 17:17:29 CEST 2012

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012, Ludo Brands wrote:

>> But adding some aliases and add new features such as
>> octet_length should
>> not be a problem (NUMERIC_SCALE exists in precision).
>>

> And where exist NUMERIC_PRECISION then? This is used in databases like
> Oracle that use numerics. A number(10,4) has precision 10 and scale 4, radix
> 10.

fpdatadict uses the same name as the TField properties.

Size=4, Precision = 10.

Property Size : Integer Read FSize Write FSize Stored IsSizeStored;
Property Precision : Integer Read FPrecision Write FPrecision Stored IsPrecisionStored;

I agree that the names are confusing, but I blame Borland employees for that ;-)

Like I said: adding some aliases should take care of this.

Michael.