[fpc-pascal] Re: SQLDB GetSchemaInfoSQL for indexes etc?

reinierolislagers at gmail.com reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:23:08 CEST 2012

Very helpful, thanks Laco.

Regards,
ReinierOn 18-04-12 08:27 LacaK wrote:

> I don't have Delphi with dbExpress here, so can't test.

I did some tests in Delphi XE with DBExpress and MySQL:

for stTables column names are: CatalogName, SchemaName, TableName,
TableType ('TABLE')
(in FPC (for IBConnection) we have catalog_name, schema_name,
table_name, table_type)

for stProcedures : CatalogName, SchemaName, ProcedureName, ProcedureType
('PROCEDURE')
(in FPC (for IBConnection) we have catalog_name, schema_name, proc_name,
proc_type and others)

for stColumns : CatalogName, SchemaName, TableName, ColumnName, TypeName
('char', 'integer' etc.), Precision, Scale, Ordinal, DefaultValue,
IsNullable, IsAutoincrement, and others.

for stIndexes : CatalogName, SchemaName, TableName, IndexName,
ConstraintName, IsPrimary, IsUnique, IsAscending
(in list are included also PRIMARY KEYs and UNIQUE constraints)

for stUserNames : CatalogName, SchemaName
(used by GetSchemaNames)

HTH
L.

fpc-pascal maillist  -  fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org