[fpc-pascal] Re: SQLDB GetSchemaInfoSQL for indexes etc?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:40:30 CEST 2012

On 17-4-2012 12:58, LacaK wrote:
>> ... assuming SchemaObjectName would be used similar to the existing code
>> and would specify table name (stIndexes)/stored proc name
>> (stProcedureParams)?
> See
> http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/VCL/XE2/en/SqlExpr.TCustomSQLDataSet.SetSchemaInfo
Thanks Laco, very helpful.

>> I'll implement at least stIndexes for MS SQL Server, perhaps
>>
> It will be good do some comparasion tests with DbExpress
> (how names results columns , which columns are returned etc.)
>  http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE2/en/Fetching_Metadata_into_a_dbExpress_Dataset

Browsing through those docs, they don't seem to tell you WHAT columns
exactly they return so perhaps that's left up to the implementer.
Or am I once again looking in the wrong place?
(I know ADO.Net has a similar schema functionality that provides a bare
minimum - even less than that - and each driver builder can add their
own extensions - great fun).

I don't have Delphi with dbExpress here, so can't test.

Anyway, I think I have some draft SQL standard in PDF lying around
somewhere - I'll try and dig it up and see what INFORMATION_SCHEMA views
should throw up.

Thanks,

regards,
Reinier