[fpc-pascal] Pascal for osx Lion

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Sep 28 10:44:20 CEST 2011

On 27 Sep 2011, at 22:34, Murray Whittington wrote:

> I downloaded free pascal for mac osx and I discovered that it wont
> run on OSX Lion :(
>
> as Apple has removed X11 and other modules etc out of lion so
> basically have to go back to snow leopard to make it work, but I
> have Lion installed.
>
> So any suggestions to get it working on OSX Lion?

1) when sending a message to a mailing list you are not subscribed to,
you should mention this fact so people know they have to CC you when
replying (I know you're not subscribed only because I'm also the
mailing list admin and saw that your message required moderator
approval before it was distributed)
2) Apple did not remove X11 from Mac OS X Lion (and I'm pretty certain
it's even installed by default), however
3) FPC does not require X11 in any way

What FPC does require is that you first install the developer tools
(Xcode). That is also what the installer says if it is missing, and
when reporting problems it is useful to mention exactly what you did
and what the results were (because right now I'm just guessing about
what you did and what might have happened).

I believe Xcode 4 is available as a free download from the appstore if
you've purchased Mac OS X Lion.

Jonas