[fpc-pascal] Hints on getting FPDocs to work on Linux

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 20:21:40 CEST 2011

On 18-9-2011 19:56, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 18/09/2011, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>>
>> Any hints on which packages to install on Debian Squeeze (current
>> stable) or which files are required so I can try generating some FPDocs
>> content?

Thanks Marco & Graeme for replying.
> Tip #1:
> Install a distro geared for programmers. ;-) Slackware includes
> everything a developer needs out of the box. C, C++, Fortan compilers
> and more. Compiling FPC or Lazarus works out of the box. FPDoc
> generated PDF etc. all work out of the box because LaTeX comes
> standard with Slackware. All pretty awesome for any developer.
Mmmm, yes, thanks, Marco's tips seemed to work fine - at least the install:
aptitude install texlive tex4ht
Haven't tried creating fpcdocs yet, so hadn't reported back yet.

I'm familiar with Debian (used to be FreeBSD) and not with Slackware;
I'd prefer not having to figure out yet another distro ;)

PS: aptitude install lazarus fpc fpc-source isn't too difficult to get
FPC/Lazarus going in Debian either ;)

Your post did remind me to check whether git is installed though, thanks ;)

> I can add, that I am working on a rewrite of the RTF output writer for
> FPDoc. This will generate RTF docs very similar to the current PDF
> ones - including hyperlinking.

Whatever scratches your itch ;)
Personally, I'd rather see some more content in the help files than yet
another way of generating the stuff, but of course everyone's free to do
what he wants.

Thanks,
Reinier