[fpc-pascal] Linux - ExecuteProcess versus fpSystem

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Sep 9 13:55:21 CEST 2011

In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:
> >> output=outputfile.org','tempfile.wav']);
> >
> > While better, this is afaik not required per se, the executing
> > binary can
> > strip them also while doing cmdline parsing.
>
> I don't know any programs other than shells that would do so. FPC
> itself doesn't do anything like that either, and hence would complain
> that it couldn't find a file with such a name (quotes are valid
> characters in file names, at least on Unix-like OSes).

I was thinking about --xx="y y" being windows style of quoting and windows
originating apps stripping, and Unix style quoting is more over the entire
parameter ( "--xx=y y" ), with the shell stripping (though the shell does
support nesting iirc)

But forget about it, for the thread, Michael's comment is perfectly valid,
and I didn't meant to say this was better. It was meant as a side remark.