[fpc-pascal] Linux - ExecuteProcess versus fpSystem

Anton Shepelev anton.txt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:33:43 CEST 2011

Brian:

> What's  driving  me  crazy is that running the two
> commands via ExecuteProcess does  the  first  step
> OK, but oggenc fails with an exit code of 1, oper-
> ation not permitted.
>
> If I replace the ExecuteProcess  with  a  call  to
> fpSystem,   concatenating  the  CommandString  and
> ParamString with a space as separator and  passing
> that as the command, both steps work just fine.

In the case of ExecuteProcess() parameter separation
takes place on FPC side, while with  fpSystem()  the
shell  is  responsible for it.  Could a problem with
FPC's  parameter  separation  algorithm  be  causing
this?

Can you post both the commands you are executing?

When I was learing processes, I wrote a unit to exe-
cute  a   command   using   fpExecv   --   just   as
ExecuteProcess() does. I'll dig it out and we'll see
how (and whether) it works with your examples.

Anton