[fpc-pascal] Indy 10 HTTP Server component with FPC

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 00:04:46 CEST 2011

On 22/10/2011, Marco van de Voort  wrote:

> I haven't tried for years, but I can remember some strange problems
> designtime that went away if you manually added a tidbinding in formcreate.

I'm not using design-time usage at all, everything is done manually via code.
I'm creating a TIdHTTPServer instance via code, set the port, one
basic event handler, and then when I try to set Active = True, that's
when the error pops up.

I'll try and debug it some more - hopefully it is something small. If
not, I'll have to do some Adapter Pattern magic in tiOPF to get n-tier
support going. I used Indy components years ago in Delphi 7, and
remember they were quite good. It would be a pity if FPC developers
couldn't benefit from them too.

I believe you helped them with FPC support some years back moving from
Kylix's libc unit to FPC's baseunix. I think I read this somewhere.

Anyway, back to debugging Indy some more then.

  - Graeme -