[fpc-pascal] Re: How to insert a record and get the primary key with sqldb?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 17:33:11 CEST 2011

ugh, any ideas how I can obtain the next sequence value using sqldb
and postgres then?

I have never used sequence values before, and while I am googling I
only found either answers which are specific for a particular
framework (java, djambo, whatever) or people claiming that it should
generate the index automatically! o.O Which clearly it is not doing...
I couldn't yet get a generic answer using SQL supported by Postgres,
or whatever thing which I could reuse in sqldb.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

--