[fpc-pascal] Delphi's anonymous functions in Free Pascal

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 09:57:32 CEST 2011

2011/10/22 Gregory M. Turner <gmt at malth.us>

> Taking these terms in the broadest sense possible, wouldn't we say that OOP
> is mostly a functional development paradigm?
>
> Not a rhetorical question, I seriously am not sure.
>
> OP's somewhat idiosyncratic requirement to put all the OOP metadata in a
> separate interface section of your code kind of underlines what I'm talking
> about.  It seems to me that in OOP, whatever we might happen to do
> procedurally, there's a strong declarative odor to everything happening at
> the class/interface level.

Now you are mixing the well-established terms.
Functional programming paradigm is based on lambda calculus. There are no
loop constructs or even variables in normal sense.
There are only functions which return a value without side-effects.

In Object Pascal you must define types in interface, but it doesn't change
the object oriented paradigm anyhow.
In Java or C# you don't have interface definitions but they still have the
same paradigm.

Wikipedia has amazingly much info. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_programming

On the right edge there is a list "Programming Paradigms".

Regards,
Juha