[fpc-pascal] sqldb how to find a record fast with primary key

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 17:23:24 CEST 2011

On Friday 21 October 2011 16.50:32 Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Martin Schreiber <mse00000 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Most code is in lib/common/db/msebufdataset.pas. Lookup buffers are in
> > lib/common/db/mselookupbuffer.pas. Heavy stuff. ;-)
>
> How much from the other stuff would I need to compile your DB modules?

The whole non visual MSEgui infrastructure.

> Any beginner guides to stablish a connection, open a table, read/write
> some fields, go to a different record,

Almost the same as sqldb.

> go to a record which has
> FieldX=Y?

Use tlookupbuffer.find() for example. In order to get a lookup value without
scrolling use the returned bookmark in tmsebufdataset.currentbmas*[] or use a
lookup field without setting LookupCache.

> Does it support Postgres?

Yes.

> Does it work in Mac OS X?

No.

BTW, because of the dead of BerliOS MSEide+MSEgui and MSEuniverse are now
Gitorious:

http://gitorious.org/mseide-msegui
http://gitorious.org/mseuniverse

The SVN repositories are not updated anymore.

Martin