[fpc-pascal] Getting Hardware information in Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 08:50:01 CEST 2011

> use DBUS to query HAL. Normally you should get most of the info.
>
> I wrote an article on how to do this in FPC. if you want, I can send it to you.

Would you mind sending me that article too, please.

I'm using Turbo Power's OnGuard in our products, and improved the
hardware detection code under Linux (CPU, network card, OS, user, HDD
etc), but I did not use DBUS at all, I simply parsed the data in /proc/*
and /dev/disk/*

The hard drive make and serial number was a tough one, especially
without forcing root access, but I did manage. I also asked in the
mailing list about other distros and if they have the same /dev/disk/*
information, and most modern Linux distros did.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/