[fpc-pascal] Git line endings leading to patch problems - was [Semi-OT] Git format patches don't seem to work

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 17:15:27 CEST 2011

On 06/10/2011, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

> Thanks Alex, I already fiddled with that. I'll try again with
> core.autocrlf set to true and false to make sure it doesn't work...

As far as I know, Git will only do the conversion when you clone a new
repository, or when you pull new changes. If you had the setting wrong
at the time you did the clone, the problem is on you. Simply change
the setting, and get another clone (use --depth if you don't want a
full clone again)

Alternatively, you might be able to get away with only specifying the
following command line option with you 'git diff' command. I use this
if I made a cloned repository under Linux, but share that repository
with a Windows VM session (thus not cloned from inside the VM).

   --ignore-space-at-eol

'git help diff'  will give you more such options.

  - Graeme -