[fpc-pascal] FPC And D-Bus

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Thu Nov 24 19:19:13 CET 2011

I'm Trying to send notification using D-Bus Notify method.
The thing is, that I do not understand how to properly use it.
My current code:
https://github.com/ik5/display-quotes/blob/master/src/units/untquotedbus.pas
#L92

I'ved marked the place where i Have AccessViolation exception.
What am I doing wrong here ?

 At first sight there are several things wrong:
- all values should be pointers to variables. PINTEGER(100) should be the
address of a variable that contains 100.
- null pchars are not allowed (empty strings!)
- DBUS_TYPE_ARRAY should be a group of 4 elements:  DBUS_TYPE_ARRAY , the
type of array elements (fe DBUS_TYPE_UINT32), the address of the array,
number of elements in the array
- the array of const should terminate with a DBUS_TYPE_INVALID
- I doubt DBUS_TYPE_DICT_ENTRY is allowed in dbus_message_append_args

Ludo