[fpc-pascal] Name of a var

John Lee johnelee0 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:50:06 CET 2011

Call me old fashioned, but to ask for this capability to save typing seems
bizarre.

I'l like it, if as has been suggested it is easy to do, so that it is
easier & more error free to implement a variable save and restore
capability. I have a program in which some variables values need to be
stored in a file, and restored on restart. I do this by by storing a text
representation followed by the variable eg jim123:0000. This is then
restored by getting the file & finding string jim23: & assigning the value
after it to jim23 etc etc. It's not easy to do this for say 40 disparately
named variables because the saves and restores have to be individually
coded - with this capability it could be done, reliably, in a loop.

John