[fpc-pascal] Re: Firebird Connection documentation: suggestions? remarks?

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Nov 22 10:32:12 CET 2011

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

> On 19-11-2011 14:21, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> Please find attached my current version for the Interbase/Firebird
>> connection documentation source. If the attachment gets deleted by the
>> list or if you want to see the latest version, please go to
>> https://bitbucket.org/reiniero/fpc_laz_patch_playground/src
>> directory docs
>>

> Updated; it is valid XML, edited in Lazarus Documentation Editor.
> Comments/criticisms welcome.
>
> Still don't understand what the TIBConnectionDef/TConnectionDef class is
> used for?

It is uses for the TSQLConnector component.

> Actually, I don't understand registering/unregistering connections.
> SQLDB maintains a connection list with connections, but what happens
> with that/what do you use it for? Some kind of connection pooling?

It does not register a connection. It registers a connection type, this is
different.

in TSQLConnector you say Type = 'IBConnection' (or something like it)
and then it searches in the list of registered types for the type it must
create, and creates it.

Michael.