[fpc-pascal] Is there a bug in TStrings.Delimiter handling?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 09:11:20 CET 2011

On 2011-11-21 08:59, Frank Church wrote:
> adapterVals: TStringList
>
> adapterVals.Delimiter := ';';
> adapterVals.DelimitedText := '192.168.1.2,00:0E:08:E0:7C:ED,Word Space';

I take it this is a typo, and you ment to have the comma's as semi-colons.

> adapterVals[2] = 'Word' - this should be 'Word Space'
>
> Is this a bug or the expected output? If the delimiter is set to a comma it
> shouldn't treat a space as a delimter as well.

Sadly, this is the exact same output as given by Delphi 7. But that
still doesn't make it right (Delphi is not immune to bugs), and I don't
think FPC should start cloning Delphi bugs too. I read the Delphi 7
help, and there is no mention of special handling when a Space character
is involved in the DelimitedText value. So this sure looks like a bug to me.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/