[fpc-pascal] Re: Delphi's anonymous functions in Free Pascal

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Nov 8 07:20:07 CET 2011

Jonas Maebe schrieb:
 >>> That's exactly what he said: you are free to create a fork
 >> This argument is pulled out each time someone suggest things that
the main developers don't like.
 > The reason that this argument is always used is simply because that
is simply how it is.

I know that. But still: Why is this argument used like a knee-jerk
reaction as soon as someone writes unliked opinions? That's like saying:
"Stop critisizing me. I don't like this. I am the boss!". If you don't
like to write facts/reasons then don't say anything but using your
thought-terminating cliché over and over again just makes you sound
arrogant.

 > It's not that longtime developers won't listen to other opinions,

But that's what you do when using your standard argument.