[fpc-pascal] Re: Delphi's anonymous functions in Free Pascal

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Mon Nov 7 18:45:47 CET 2011

Jonas Maebe schrieb:
 > That's exactly what he said: you are free to create a fork (= take
the FPC source code and do whatever you want with it), and then the
currently active FPC developers are also free to take whichever of your
patches they consider useful. What's not possible is that other people
dictate what you must do with the FPC source code, just like you can't
dictate what other people must do.

This argument is pulled out each time someone suggest things that the
main developers don't like. But despite from the work this requires it
would result in my own island solution. It cannot be the goal that
thousands of people spawn their own Pascal dialect. I don't think that
anybody is wanting this. I thought this open source project is about
having a *public* Pascal language which can be discussed and argued
about. I know that there will be no common sense about each and every
topic but it should be possible to say opinions which possibly make
others change their mind (or not).