[fpc-pascal] Free Pascal 2.6.0rc1 released

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Mon Nov 7 07:28:11 CET 2011

Marco van de Voort schrieb:
>> When I now try to compile a short test program with the IDE I get:
>> "Error: Illegal parameter: -Cp386"
>> This was a setting I used before. Has this been changed?
>> When I remove this parameter and try again I get:
>> "Fatal: Unable to open file D:\vpascal\FreePascal\fp.cfg"
>> "Fatal: Compilation aborted"
>> The file exists and was used on the first compiler run but it seems it
>> was not closed properly on error.
>>
> The problem here might be some old configuration file.

Yes, that is the case. Still there are problems: If I delete the
parameter in the IDE and try again to compile it it should work. But
when doing so I get the "unable to open file ...fp.cfg" error. It seems
that the IDE does not close the config file properly on error so that it
now has problems to reopen it. And although I have checked to save all
configurations the deletion of the parameter is not stored. On next
startup the same parameter reappears. But when I delete the parameter
directly after startup and compile then everything works ok. In this
case the IDE was able to save the changes into fp.cfg. But it fails
doing so if the error "illegal parameter" has appeared first.