[fpc-pascal] Re: Delphi's anonymous functions in Free Pascal

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Sun Nov 6 16:24:02 CET 2011

Am 06.11.2011 15:13, schrieb dmitry boyarintsev:
> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Alexander Shishkin <alexvins at mail.ru> wrote:
>> OK, agreed, this is more readable than Delphi syntax. But ...
>> 1) If we implement lamdas is FPC we will have to support Delphi syntax.
>
> Hi-jacking, the thread, and again should FPC chase Delphi forever?

You mix here result and goal. If FPC supports new Delphi constructs
depends on the fact if somebody provides a patch. No more, no less.

Just as an example: if somebody provides patches to support Extended
Pascal, FPC will support Extended Pascal, nobody did so in >15 years.
Result: FPC supports no Extended Pascal features.