[fpc-pascal] Free Pascal 2.6.0rc1 released

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sun Nov 6 12:19:04 CET 2011

Marco van de Voort schrieb:
 > We have placed the first release-candidate of the Free Pascal Compiler
 > version 2.6.0 on our ftp-servers.

Here some issues I found:

The text mode IDE states under "Help":  Copyright (C) 1998-2009 by...
Shouldn't this be  "1998-2011"?

When I now try to compile a short test program with the IDE I get:
"Error: Illegal parameter: -Cp386"
This was a setting I used before. Has this been changed?
When I remove this parameter and try again I get:
"Fatal: Unable to open file D:\vpascal\FreePascal\fp.cfg"
"Fatal: Compilation aborted"
The file exists and was used on the first compiler run but it seems it
was not closed properly on error.

 > http://wiki.freepascal.org/Testers_2.6.0
 > http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_2.6.0

These links are not reachable.