[fpc-pascal] Re: Free Pascal 2.6.0rc1 released

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 02:32:20 CET 2011

> We have placed the first release-candidate of the Free Pascal Compiler
> version 2.6.0 on our ftp-servers.

Congratulations! That's an impressive list of new features. I've been
anticipating this release for some time.

A couple of questions: where can this be found in svn? I don't see a
tag for it, and fixes_2_6 hasn't been modified for 8 weeks or so.

Secondly, will there be additional merges from trunk to fixes_2_6? If
I recall the last time I checked the page with the list of potential
merges from trunk to fixes_2_6 I believe it was quite long.
Particularly I was hoping for revision 19036 (resolving issue 19404,
fixing shared library loading and unloading for Linux platforms) to
make it into the 2.6 release.

Again, congratulations. I'll start using the release candidate next
week at work and will report any issues I find.

-SG

--
This email is fiction. Any resemblance to actual events
or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Seth Grover