[fpc-pascal] Request for implementing issue 0017664 - fix included in mantis

Jim hakkie42 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 12:05:26 CEST 2011

Hi all,

A gentle request - if people are looking at the issue already, consider
this message as not sent.

I've looked at issue 0017664 (fbembed.dll library not loaded as part of
initialisation of firebird).

The fbembed library works as an embedded database, but also has the
regular client/server code, so you can use it to connect to server dbs
just as with fbclient/gds32. This means that it is a valid library for
client/server; I would prefer to look for it first and load it if found
because it gives added functionality compared to the regular library.

I suggested a simple update to the current fpc codebase in the mantis
report. Tested with win32 on a client/server Firebird & it works.

Thanks,

jb