[fpc-pascal] Why is FPImage dog slow in reading jpeg's?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon May 30 22:22:23 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>wrote:

Indeed, I was remembering that too =)

And also, I have a program which loads a huge image (20MB) using
TPortableNetworkGraphics and it takes minutes to load the image. I have
simply supposed that it was because of the file system usage, but now I am
starting to think that maybe the fcl-image pallete causes the slowness.

So I have to suggest: Is there a convincing reason for having Pallete set to
true by default? What do you think about the trivial solution of setting it
off by default?

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho