[fpc-pascal] Easy install of FPC and Lazarus

Robert Wolfe wolfe.robwolfe at gmail.com
Sun May 22 23:27:03 CEST 2011

On 5/22/2011 5:12 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sun, 22 May 2011 15:32:05 +0200
> Rainer Stratmann<RainerStratmann at t-online.de>  wrote:
>
>> For userfriendly reasons I suggest one directory with all necessary Files in a
>> zip File.
>>
>> Advantages:
>> Easy install, just unzip in a new directory.
>> Everything is separate from earlyer versions, so testing is easy.
>>
>> Disadvantages:
>> ?
> How to install the third party libraries (e.g. gtk2 or qt)?
> How to update?
> How many zip file flavors must be supported?

The installer should do this already.  I build my own 2.5.1 binaries and
installer once a week from the source snapshots and upgrade my existing
install using the installer I've built.  My installer installs and
updates everything provided the user enters the correct path in the
installation program.