[fpc-pascal] Testing recent Lazarus with fpc 2.5.1 on x86_64-linux / create fpc-src.rpm

Johannes Nohl johannes.nohl at gmail.com
Sat May 21 16:39:10 CEST 2011

2011/5/21 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:
> On Sat, 21 May 2011 15:33:04 +0200
> Johannes Nohl <johannes.nohl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I wanted to test Lazarus (recent snapshot) with fpc 2.5.1 on
>> x86_64-linux. Therefore I need to build fpc-XXX.rpm and
>> fpc-src-XXX.rpm. I figured out how to bild fpc-XXX.rpm the easy way.
>>
>> 1. Download fpcbuild.zip and extract it
>> 2. inside root dir do fpcmake -T x86_64-linux
>> 3. make rpm NODOCS=1 NOGDB=1
>>
>> Works like a charm. Now I need to build a rpm with only the content of
>> fpcsrc/packages fpcsrc/rtl. How do you do it? Usually they're called
>> something like fpc-src-2.5.1.rpm (not to confuse with
>> fpc-2.5.1.src.rpm). They put the units sources to /usr/share/fpcsrc.
>>

>> Btw I installing lazarus with 2.5.1 is easy, too. Just
>>
>> 1. download a daily snapshot as src.rpm
>> 2. install it (without root privileges) like "rpm -i lazarus-XXX.src.rpm"
>> 3. change spec file in /usr/src/packages/SPECS/lazarus-XXX.spec to
>> look for fpc and fpc-src package equal or greater (change '=' to '>=';
>> line 14)
>> 4. rebuild rpm like "rpmbuild -bb /usr/src/packages/SPECS/lazarus-XXX.spec"
>>
>> You can find changed rpm in /usr/src/packages/RPMS then.
>>
>> fpx-src-XXX.rpm is missing! Who can answer my question? Anybody of the
>> daily snapshots page here? It shouldn't be different to the process
>> for fpc 2.4.2...
>
> Maybe this script gives some clues:
> lazarus/tools/install/create_fpc-src_rpm.sh
>
> Mattias

Thanks! That did the trick. Although it's weird that you have to
install lazarus (to get the scripts) before you can actually install
lazarus. Anyway it worked. And is far easier than my method.

Maybe one can add a recent lazarus with fpc 2.5.1 to the snapshot page
itself if it's that easy.

Bye
Johannes