[fpc-pascal] FPC 2.4.2 source

Roland Schäfer roland.schaefer at fu-berlin.de
Sat May 21 14:14:30 CEST 2011

On 5/21/2011 1:19 PM, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
>> They are typical dpkg messages. This is pretty normal when installing
>> deb packages manually. That is not specific to Lazarus or FPC.
>> The problem is that the tar contains *all* packages, but
>> normally you don't want to install all of them. A README.txt would
>> help. For example:
>> If you want to install the gtk2 version of Lazarus use:
>>   dpkg -i foogtk.deb bar.deb etc.deb
>> If you want to install the qt version of Lazarus use:
>>   dpkg -i fooqt.deb bar.deb etc.deb
>>
> I downloaded from here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Linux%20i386%20DEB/Lazarus%200.9.30/
> And I can not see such packages you mentioned.
> When type in for example:
> dpkg -i fooqt.deb bar.deb etc.deb
> there are still messages

Are you being serious about literally doing 'dgpk -i fooqt.deb'? Maybe
I'm not reading you correctly.

Anway, having just set up fpc and lazarus snapshots under Ubuntu 11.04
(and since we obviously all want everything always), this is how you
might succeed:

1. Unpack the Snapshot .deb.tar to whatever/
2. sudo dpkg -R -i whatever/
3. If there are complaints about missing dependencies, open Synaptics
afterwards, do "Fix broken packages" -> "Apply" and, normally, you
should be fine.

I also noticed that the Lazarus i386-deb Link on the Snapshot page leads
to a package that gives you "LCLBase not found" (or similar) errors.

I used this package, which worked, and which also has a more recent date:

ftp://ftp.hu.freepascal.org/pub/lazarus/snapshots/lazarus-0.9.30.1.30409-20110510.i386.deb.tar

Regards
Roland