[fpc-pascal] FPC 2.4.2 source

Rainer Stratmann RainerStratmann at t-online.de
Sat May 21 14:05:29 CEST 2011

Am Saturday 21 May 2011 13:44:10 schrieb Bernd Kreuss:
> On 21.05.2011 12:59, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> > They don't want to force everyone to install firebird, mysql, postgresql,
> > ptcgraph, gtk, gtk2, qt and every other single thing for which FPC has
> > bindings.
>
> "force" is the keyword here. The entire following rant refers to only
> this one word:
>
> Its not their [Debian] business to find non-solutions for these
> non-problems, I would just ignore this.

The rules may have reasons for managing the debian project.

To be independent is more work in the beginning.
But then you have all liberties.
I like to be independent, so I wrote my own webserver
(http://demo.klimaregelung.de) instead of relying to other packages.
And also an own (very simple) PNG image converter from plain bitmap data.

> The windows installer of Lazarus clearly shows how usability looks like.
> This is what users want! There is no reason why this should not be
> possible on Debian also. If Debian policies ...

I think this would be also possible for Linux.
One big file (in these days easy to handle) and then install everything
(memory is also enough these days). May be with a choice for the packages.