[fpc-pascal] FPC 2.4.2 source

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri May 20 13:25:05 CEST 2011

On 20 May 2011, at 13:07, Juha (gmail) wrote:

> Jonas Maebe kirjoitti perjantai, 20. toukokuuta 2011 13:52:22:
>> If you want the source, choose "Source" instead of "Win32".
>
> Ok, right.... too many links.
> Now i realized that all the mirrors give direct links to source packages, only
> the first SourceForge link has everything included.

That's because in the past, direct sourceforge links were no possible. Now they are possible, but we haven't spent the time yet to update the download links.

> The sources could well be included in the default FPC installation package.
> Most people need them anyway and they don't add much to the package size when
> compressed.

It depends on the compression that's used. It's 29MB with zip and 25MB with tar.gz. It would increase the download sizes between 30% and 50%, which is not what I would call "not much".

Jonas