[fpc-pascal] fpc graph

Nikolay Nikolov nickysn at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 2 16:26:01 CEST 2011

On 05/02/2011 04:03 PM, johnelee1944 at googlemail.com wrote:
> thanks - what are the features of ptcgraph vs graph? - I just want
> simple line graphs in win eg of data from a file, so was guessing that
> graph, from its name, was the 'best' option. J

Ptcgraph is new (fpc 2.4.4 will be the first stable release that has it)
and was designed to be a better implementation of graph. Since it's
still new, it probably needs more testing. It should have roughly the
same feature set, but with better compatibility and consistency across
all platforms, as well as better emulation of all the DOS modes from TP7
(CGA, MCGA, EGA, VGA, Hercules) as well as the VESA modes from the
go32v2 graph unit. It doesn't have all the extra windowsisms exposed in
the win32 graph unit, because they're not portable. It also still
doesn't have an equivalent to the winmouse unit, but I'm planning to
make a similar ptcmouse unit sometime soon :)