[fpc-pascal] Readline substitute

Johann Glaser Johann.Glaser at gmx.at
Sun May 1 14:18:32 CEST 2011

Hi!

Am Freitag, den 29.04.2011, 18:48 +0200 schrieb Johann Glaser:
> Hi!
>
> I want to equip a program with a command line and therefore want a
> powerful and user-friendly input prompt. Currently I use
>   ReadLn(CmdLine);
> which is not as user-friendly as desired. :-)
>
> The usual answer for this question is libreadline. I already worked with
> it (in plain C) but before I do a header translation for FreePascal I
> wanted to ask you for your opinion if there is a better alternative or
> anybody already has a header translation or even programmer-friendly
> wrapper for the history and auto-completion stuff.

Ok, I was too impatient and did the header translation now. :-) Please
find attached the units Readline and History as well as five example
programs. This is compatible to the most current version 6.2
  http://tiswww.case.edu/php/chet/readline/rltop.html

Everything is GPL as the GNU Readline Library is itself. I'd be happy if
these files can be included in future FreePascal releases.

If you find any improvements or comments don't hesitate to send me an
EMail.

Thanks
  Hansi