[fpc-pascal] Free Pascal 2.4.4 RC1 available

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Mar 21 15:19:07 CET 2011

(accidentally replied to Frank only. fwding to list)

In our previous episode, Frank Church said:
> > and
> > Linux/x86_64.
> > Some highlights are:
> >
> > Packages:
> >  * Many improvements to the XML units
> >  * Many improvements to the database units.
> >
> Congratulations, and thanks for the updates.
>
> Are fcl-web and fcl-xml more in line with the versions in 2.5.1, are they
> sync?

Largely equal to the state of trunk of say end january, with some relative
small patches from the first half of februari.

IOW fcl-web and -json will be much closer to 2.5.1 than 2.4.2 was, since web related
patches were not actively merged to 2.4.2 at all, but they are merged to
2.4.4.   This was possible because fpweb and fcl-web reside in separate
dirs, so fcl-web could be added to 2.4.2 without killing fpweb.

Sergei asked to not merge the streaming API related fixes.
http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/mergelogs/fcl-xml.txt has a list of revisions
not merged (note that there might be more recent xml revisions not on this
list)