[fpc-pascal] com port using prolific driver

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Sun Mar 13 01:26:11 CET 2011

John,

> I'm trying to get data from a device via a serial (com) port, 9600 baud,
> connected via the prolific cable (serial to usb). This allows one to connect
> a serial device via a usb port (many new PCs do not have a real serial port.
> I've  loaded the prolific driver.
>
> Anyone have fpc program that'll work on win xp.

I have some files here that might help you get started using the SynaSer
package with FPC:
   http://www.turbocontrol.com/simpleserial.htm

Paul Breneman
www.dbReplication.com - VCL database replication components
www.TurboControl.com - Hardware and software development services
- Educational programming project for environment monitoring
- Information on using FreePascal for embedded systems
- Support information for the TurboPower open source libraries