[fpc-pascal] (Unix) serial port handling

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 11:05:50 CET 2011

On 9 March 2011 15:54,  <johnelee1944 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On , Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> I was using this to communicate with an HP instrument a few weeks ago, so
>> have my own re-implementation of some of the stuff. I'll look at doing a
>> patch, preparatory to seeing if I can hack a complementary Win-32
>> equivalent.
>>

> Mark, afaik there isn't a way of reading com ports for xp/w7 etc in the fpc
> win distro at the moment -hope you'll be able to hack it soon either as part
> of the distro or as a contrib!
>
> Or did I miss something?

In Windows you use CreateFile and (Read|Write)File.
(Set|Get)CommState, EscapeCommFunction, and friends do the serial port
specific stuff.

There is no nice cross platform pascal implementation included in
freepascal, though, to my knowledge.  They exist in other packages, as
you've probably seen on this list.

Henry