[fpc-pascal] Linking to library on Mac

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Fri Jun 24 00:06:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm porting an app from delphi to lazarus and now I reached a problem when trying to link to the library. The library comes with the .dynlib .a and all header files. I placed them somewhere under my homedir and added the following to my code:

{$linklib mylibrary}

I also pass the following switches to FPC (other tab on the project options in Lazarus):

-k-L/Users/dariusblaszyk/mylibraryfolder/

However I keep on getting undefined symbols. How do I "install" the library properly on Mac and how do I make FPC/Lazarus correctly aware of this lib. The lib comes with a version number, do I need to make symlinks to keep everything orderly?

Regards, Darius