[fpc-pascal] Installing FPC 2.4.4 forUbuntu / Mint+otherthoughts

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Thu Jun 16 12:43:55 CEST 2011

> It is unfair to try to push this onto the
> central developers that already have enough work to do.

I understand and appreciate all the effort that has been put into this
project and you won't see me pushing additional work to the central
developpers. That is also why I'm trying to be constructive and have
proposed an easy and tested solution that would improve the installation
experience with minimal effort from your side. It's just a matter of copying
the Packages.gz file to the ftp server, something which I can't do. I'll
test again the installation from the real ftp server once the file is
installed and update the Wiki if need be.
I'm not saying my solution is perfect but it has a good return on
investment.

Ludo.