[fpc-pascal] Installing FPC 2.4.4 for Ubuntu / Mint +otherthoughts

DaWorm daworm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 23:31:11 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Ludo Brands <ludo.brands at free.fr> wrote:
> We were talking to make fpc easier to install for the average ubuntu user.
> This is as clear as mud for the average user I would say.

Well, one would hope the average developer would be a bit farther
along the learning curve than the average user.  That said, I've
struggled with pinning packages in Ubuntu as well.  The thing is, I'd
never expect packages of the _development_ branch to ever "play nice"
with the _stable_ packages of the system.

Jeff.