[fpc-pascal] https

ik idokan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 17:14:53 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 18:01, Rainer Stratmann <RainerStratmann at t-online.de
> wrote:

> Am Wednesday 15 June 2011 16:42:16 schrieb ik:
> > On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 17:32, Rainer Stratmann
> > <RainerStratmann at t-online.de
> >
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there a solution for https somewhere?
> >
> > What do you mean exactly ?
> >
> As I understand from here
> http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=6361.0
> and here
> http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=13312.0
> fpweb only works with Apache. Before I read that I thought fpweb is a kind
> of
> (complete or not) webserver.

fpWeb can work with any HTTP server out there as CGI and FastCGI.
It is not a web server (although you have code to build one yourself), but
basic tools to start writing CGI.

> I wrote already my own webserver http://demo.klimaregelung.de which is
> able to
> make dynamic websites, png graphic and so on completely in freepascal (thus
> no dependencies to Apache or a png library, but so far only uncompressed
> png's) and wanted to add https support for a more secure communication. As
> understand it there is no solution for https available...
>
> ...except to rely on Apache.

SSL is a very low level protocol. it open a tunnel over TCP, so it's better
to have an existed tool to support it, but if you must, you can add it
yourself by using libopenssl.

Ido