[fpc-pascal] fpweb and http authentication

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Jun 15 11:12:34 CEST 2011

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011, ik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How can I create http authentication using fpWeb ?
>
> I found on WWWAuthenticate, but I do not understand how to use it.

Check the Authorization header. If it does not contain a valid
authentication, you just have to send a 401 response code and include a
WWW-Authenticate header field describing the authentication:
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec17.html#bib43
this will tell the browser to ask a username/password.

If the Authorization header contains a valid authentication,
then proceed as normal.

Michael.