[fpc-pascal] "Illegal unit name", no change reguired?

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:17:28 CEST 2011

Hi,

I faced the same problem as was described here
  http://www.hu.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2008-February/013028.html
and briefly here

in my case I have a unit named uDirScan and uDirScanUtils. The latter
appeared inside uses clause of some unit and can not be found in search
paths. But I got "illegal unit name" pointing at the "unit uDirScan inside
uDirScan.pas. As the poster of the firstly mentioned post I would spend the
rest of the day looking for what is wrong with the unit uDirScan  (I already
renamed the file several times, deleted binaries, built the project and so
on). Only finding the post helped me from wasting the time :).

I suppose there's a reason for not changing the current behaviar, but can at
least someone from the team write a little phrase at the bug report page
about why it should not be changed.

Thanks!

Max